Thursday 26 September 2013

Up & Back...


We  left Banbry after an overnighter and headed for Cropredy where, after a change of plans, we turned and had a sunny trip back to Banbry. A return on the same stretch of canal but like we told Dale, who is the sightseeing subject, it all looks different going the opposite way.

We moored for another night then today headed for Ayhno with a planned stop in the country.
The mid morning weather was fine but had a little bite in the wind. By early afternoon it was warm and sunny again.


Leonie and Dale doing the locking. I told  Dale the easiest way is to...






Put your Arse against the beam and push.....


Then I gave her a steering lesson that didn't last long as...




36 seconds later we were heading hard right toward the bank....


Leaving Banbry we passed a fellow NZ boater sharing the trip with her sister.....




On the seat with a fellow NB'er probably talking about the great taste of the fresh mushrooms we shared with them..

 

Out on the cut and leonies in control.. as usual...




Sharing her latest baking... chocolate rough... with Dale....


We moored up past Twyford Wharf with Kings Sutton in the distance and it was time...






To get the washing dry on the tow path.... and on the front of the boat...


But when the wind died  it was time to place the rack on.....



 


Top of the NB roof....


Leonie and Dale decided to walk to Kings Sutton. You have to back track to Twyford Wharf  to cross the river Cherwell then make your way across public walk ways...

I was doing some general maintenance on the boat then I stood up and looked across the fields and I thought I was....



 

Seeing, far in the distance, thanks to the camera zoom, a remake of the  "Great  Escape".

"The plan was to make the Swiss Alps by dusk"....


The washing dried so after a failed "Escape" it was....





 
Back to reality and the "Chinese Laundry"....


Which brings me to the reason why we did a quick Eweeee  at Cropredy. I needed a repeat of a prescription so went to the local doctors only to be told they wouldn't issue one, as we already have had at Chester and Audlum, unless I saw a doctor. That's was cool by me so the appointment time was for 5pm.
Didn't have to wait much past 5.20pm so into the Doc,s room I'm invited. Checks out what I need then says" no problem but we only do 1 week lots".
"Your joking" I say but he wasn't. How can a NB,er be expected to return every 7 days for prescriptions.
Anyway he relented and stretched it out to 28 days... Gee Thanks... Cost on pickup... 31quid....
So while I'm in the Docs, room I ask "can you check my blood pressure"
"I can but it won't do any good" he answers
Sort of silence cos I haven't heard that answer for that question  from a Doctor before
"really" I say...
"Yeah you would be better to buy the gear and do it youself, you know regulary because it can change"
"OOHH'' I say still sitting  like a Stunned Mullet
Now if I had a serious blood pressure condition self monitoring every day would be the answer, but I don't, just being there seemed like a good time for a check as it hasn't been done for 9 months.
So I left the Doc,s without the test, hope my Blow Off Valves working OK......








 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment